Tuesday 13 April 2010

The Crispy Tale


The crinkle, the rustle, the annoying tussle with Crisp packaging is something we all can absolutely do without. Packaging scientists should be concentrating on ridding humankind of this menace. Why else would you get a degree in Packaging Science? Well, I guess when you were growing up, you could have looked at an M&M bag and thought, "This is it. This bright yellow bag has brought happiness to me. I must dedicate my life to this bag and all that goes into fashioning it."

This is not implausible. Not at all.

There was a time when I wanted to channel my life into sorting the mess that our wired lives have resulted in. The plan was to fabricate a device which would wirelessly charge phones, iPods and cameras. Damn the guys who have just come up with a physical avataar of my concept. Well done though.

But I digress.

Given the years of torment, I have endured with inconsiderate people wrestling with the noisy, foiled demon, I wish I could have patented the idea of 'silent crisp packets' when it first occured to me. No one has done it yet, but I'm sure the snack Industry is at work. Before we know it, we may just be eating out of a serenely quiet flannel bag with crispy, savoury delights.

No comments: